Hi! I'm Bexie B. and I've been nerding out for over 35 years. I'm also a new mom to a cool little baby girl. Some of my more nerdier traits are:
- I am a HUGE Bruce Campbell fan. I met him in 2005 at one of his book signings. I also participate on his fan forum and I have a growing BC collection. I love the guy and his movies so much that I created Evil Dead and Army of Darkness cross-stitch patterns. During labor, Army of Darkness came on the hospital television and I tweeted to Bruce about it (between contractions) and then hooted and hollered to the staff because BC retweeted me!
- This brings me to zombies. I love all things zombie! I collect books and films with zombie themes. Hell, I love them so much that I had two zombie themed baby showers.
- I also love horror movies in general, except for the super violent kinds like Hostel. I am fortunate to belong to a great charity called Scares That Care! which brings together horror fans to raise money for children with diseases, breast cancer patients and burn victims. In August 2012, I will attend Crypticon Kansas City to represent the charity at their booth.
- History turns my crank! I majored in history for my undergraduate studies and my MA is in museum studies with a minor in history.
- I think pin ups are awesome. I've done a few photoshoots with pin up themes and I always feel fabulous when I do it. It's fun to be sexy and classy.
- I enjoy target shooting and own a .22 carbine and a .357 revolver.
- Finally, I'm a gamer. My preference is for first-person shooters like Left 4 Dead, Dead Space, and Bioshock. I can't wait for Bioshock: Infinite to come out! I also like to play platform games like Super Mario and any kind of local co-op games with my husband.
Whew, I think that is enough for now! I am so excited to join this site and explore all the topics. It's great to see a site that celebrates intelligent women who are above all the stereotypes. Thanks!